MAC Feats (Feb 13)
About MAC (Dec 10)
About the Aquifer
'The Mahomet Aquifer' by Panno & Korab
Newsletters (Feb 13)
Current Research (May 10)
Maps of the aquifer (Aug 11)
Links (Feb 13)
Members (Mar 13)
Need Adobe Acrobat? Click here
Want your town's water tower added to the map? Send a jpg to the webmaster.
- Next Member Meeting: Tues, July 23, 10 AM at ISWS, Speaker: TBA, (Click here for Google map)
- Next Board Meeting: Tues, May 14, 1 PM, at ISWS, 2204 Griffith Dr., Champaign (Click here for Google map
- RWSPC Stakeholders mtg, Sept 13, 2013, Monticello, IL-- save the date, more info coming.
- Most recent MAC newsletter Dec 2012 (352 KB)
- Groundwater info: Mahomet aquifer well in Champaign Co., Shallow well in Champaign Co.
- Streamflow info: USGS current streamflow info, Sangamon River at Fisher, Monticello & Petersburg
- Reservoir info: National Weather Service daily stage report, Lake Springfield
INFO FOR PRIVATE WELL OWNERS:
- Private Well Class dot Org-- a new website offering on-line education for private well owners & users.
- Upcoming webinars: Mar 27: How your private well works, Apr 17: Proper care of your private well & May 8: Water quality and your private well
- Susan Monte's presentation, Model Water Use Restriction Ordinance (812 KB), Champaign County Regional Planning Commission on May 14, 2013. Read more. Invite to May 29 mtg (125 KB) in Urbana to discuss the model ordinance.
- Read about Champaign's Growing Greener plan. Comments on the plan are welcome.
- Urbana seeks input on its Sustainable Water Management Plan-- May 7, 6PM, Urbana will host an Open House with light refreshments where the public can review and discuss the plan with City staff and the Sustainability Advisory Commission.
- Tuscola site in running for $1.2B fertilizer plant, reports the Decatur Herald & Review. Effluent from UCSD treatment is a possible water source.
- Dam removal along Vermilion River near Danville. Read this News-Gazette story
- A conversation with an ISGS geologist about the local water supply Topics discussed include the Clinton Landfill, SSA & others at this CU-based website.
- Steve Wilson, ISWS, presentation PrivateWellClass.org (1.3 MB) from the March 12 MAC mtg
- On March 11, PSA released asking citizens to contact USEPA and to support the SSA designation. View it on the City of Champaign website.
- MAC fundraising passes $75,000. Thanks to our supporters who help us with our mission.
- Nancy Erickson retires-- With Nancy's retirement, MAC loses one of its original Directors. MAC wishes Nancy all the best and welcomes Rae Payne, Senior Director of Business and Regulatory Affairs with the Illinois Farm Bureau, as a new Director.
- News-Gazette story on SSA mtg in Champaign with USEPA's Bill Spaulding.
- New bumper sticker circulating-- developed by group promoting Sole Source Aquifer>>>
- Tim Bryant's presentation, Illinois Water Withdrawals 2010: Statewide and the Mahomet Aquifer from the Jan 22 mtg. (1.0 MB)
- Homer mayor discusses value of water to his east-central Illinois town
- Wells in Fisher go dry-- due to drought or irrigation well? read more in this News-Gazette article
- Sole source aquifer links-- USEPA region 2: Petition guidance, USEPA region 6: SSA fact sheet, USEPA region 10: project review & USEPA region 10: Q&A
- The Source Source Aquifer petition for the Mahomet aquifer is now on the City of Champaign’s website. The petition was submitted by Champaign, Normal, Urbana, U of I, Savoy, Delavan, Mahomet, Mansfield, and Gilman on Dec 12th.
- MAC on SSA designation-- At this time, MAC will remain neutral on designating the Mahomet aquifer as a sole source aquifer. Our understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of the sole source aquifer program is incomplete. More info
- Info regarding USEPA's sole source aquifer program-- read the report commissioned by MAC (rec'd 10/9/12)
Ed Mehnert's powerpoint-- SSA-- Panacea or Placebo?
Al Wehrmann's powerpoint-- Phase I: Determining the Mahomet Aquifer's Eligibility for Sole Source Designation (link)
City of Champaign's Mahomet Aquifer page-- Designating the Mahomet aquifer as an SSA & Layne report available here
- ISWS releases report Meeting East-Central Illinois Water Needs to 2050: Potential Impacts on the Mahomet Aquifer and Surface Reservoirs by Roadcap, Knapp, Wehrmann and Larson.
- Read MAC's Strategic and Action Plans
- MAC releases an educational video and Powerpoint presentation. Go to Teacher's Info for more info or
YouTube video: part 1 (12:41), part 2 (6:41), part 3 (10:07)
[mail address= P.O. Box 7318, Champaign, IL 61826-7318,
Project Coordinator: Robbie Berg of Earth Partners]
Link to RWSPC final report.
Link to the Committee's WWW site (Check here for mtg dates and directions.)
RWSPC status and future direction-- Al Wehrmann reviews the status and discusses the future for both planning committees (posted Nov 11, 2008)
Link to ISWS Water Supply Planning WWW site
Gary Clark's discussion of Water Law in Illinois (PDF of 3/30 presentation)
Responsibilities of the Committee, IDNR & the Surveys
Read State & Regional Water-Supply Planning in Illinois to learn why planning is needed and where to get more info.
Governor announces water supply study. (includes Executive Order 2006-1)
SIU report-- County-level forecasts of water use in Illinois: 2005-2025, [ view abstract or download PDF (8 MB)]
ASCE reviews state water resources planning in the 50 states. Read more
Openlands releases their Troubled Waters report (click for fact sheet or report.)
Links: NE Illinois Water Resources Planning Committee
Last Updated: May 15, 2013
Email the webmaster for questions/comments