Sole Source Aquifer Designation
- What is a sole source aquifer? USEPA SSA page
- On March 11, 2015, USEPA designated a portion of the Mahomet Aquifer system as a sole source aquifer. more info & USEPA press release
- The Source Source Aquifer petition for the Mahomet aquifer is now on the City of Champaign’s website. The petition was submitted by Champaign, Normal, Urbana, U of I, Savoy, Delavan, Mahomet, Mansfield, and Gilman on Dec 12, 2012.
- MAC's Review of Sole Source Aquifer Implications, study completed in October 2012 by Patrick Engineering.
- MAC on SSA designation-- At this time, MAC will remain neutral on designating the Mahomet aquifer as a sole source aquifer. Our understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of the sole source aquifer program is incomplete.More info
Sole Source News: