- Info & Maps
- Water Supply
- Sole Source
Presentations made at MAC meetings or Mahomet aquifer related presentations made at other meetings.
- ANL scientists find anaerobic methane oxidizers (bacteria) in Mahomet aquifer. These bugs have only been found in the deep ocean prior to this discovery.
- ISWS report: Meeting East-Central Illinois Water Needs to 2050: Potential Impacts on the Mahomet Aquifer and Surface Reservoirs by Roadcap, Knapp, Wehrmann and Larson.
- Geochemistry of Mahomet aquifer>> paper by Hackley, Panno & Anderson (2 MB)
- Layne Hydro report: Potential yield of gravel pits in the Sangamon River valley, commissioned by Springfield CWPL.
- American Geosciences Institute report: Critical Needs for the Twenty-first Century: The Role of Geosciences. The report identifies 8 critical needs including water (provide sufficient supplies of water) and suggests policy to meet those needs. read more
- Illinois Issues article on hydraulic fracturing (May 2012)